The commerce students of class XI were taken for an educational visit to India International Trade Fair- 2016 at Pragati Maidan on November 24, 2016 by Commerce Department of the school. The aim of this visit was to give the students an exposure to Digital India Campaign as introduced by PM Narendra Modi as well as gain knowledge about the culture, handicrafts, religions, business practices and ways and methods of doing business by people of different states, exhibiting their stalls at IITF-2016.
This visit also aimed at facilitating the students to prepare the Business Studies Project on the theme ‘Visit to State Emporium’ on one hand and gain practical knowledge related to significance of Information Technology in the functioning of various businesses. The added advantage gained was an insight into functioning of securities’ markets in India.
The various learning experiences of students and teachers are listed as follows:
- Visit to the State Pavilions including Gujarat, Punjab and Rajasthan.
- Interview of the Retailers taken by students.
- Getting the Questionnaires filled by retailers.
- Visit to ‘Hunar Haat’ to gain an exposure of world class goods produced by the talented Indians possessing artistic skills.
- Puppet show presentation by SEBI personnel to explain the meaning and objectives of SEBI.
- Interactive session by BSE Representative to explain the significance of saving and investment for an individual as well as for the economy as a whole.
- Quiz by SEBI as well as MCX, wherein the participants won exciting prizes as well as received certificates for participation.
All in all, it was a day-long memorable learning experience full of excitement and enthusiasm for the students as well as escort teachers.