The commerce students of class XII were taken for an educational visit to SEBI Pavilion- India International Trade Fair- 2016 at Pragati Maidan on November 16, 2016 by Commerce Department of the school. The aim of this visit was to give the students an exposure and to have an interface viz-a-viz the Managers of the apex organization in the securities markets in India, i.e. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). This visit also aimed at facilitating the students to improvise the Business Studies Project on ‘Stock Exchange’ on one hand and gain practical knowledge related to investment in shares and debentures, on the other. The visit SEBI Pavilion-IITF-2016 provided the students one stop for various learning opportunities. The students also got opportunity to meet the managers at National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), National Stock Exchange (NSE), Multi-Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) and also Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
The various learning experiences of students and teachers are listed as follows:
- Puppet show presentation by SEBI personnel to explain the meaning and objectives of SEBI.
- Interactive session by BSE Representative to explain the significance of saving and investment for an individual as well as for the economy as a whole.
- Quiz by SEBI as well as MCX, wherein the participants won exciting prizes as well as received certificates for participation.
- Discussion with representatives of NISM, BSE and NSE for resolving students’ queries.
- Street Play by CBDT to demonstrate the concept of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Moreover, the theme of IITF-2016, i.e Digital India was itself exciting for the students and teachers which made them realize the significance of Digital India campaign as introduced by PM Narendra Modi.